Change of Address
Louisiana Driver’s License: Change of Address
Just moved? By law, Louisiana dictates to have your address updated on your license, vehicle registration and title certificate. You are also required to inform your insurance provider of your new address.
- Online application and Checklist download
- By mail, if eligible (see instructions below)
- In person at your local OMV office
If you are a Louisiana resident and have changed addresses or plan to do so in the near future, you must have the address information updated on your license and vehicle registration.
OMV should be given a notification within 10 days of address change. This can be done only in person. This is what you should do:
- Go to the local OMV office nearest you.
- Bring your current license and proof of insurance if you own a vehicle. Minors, 17 or under, must have a parent or legal guardian with picture ID along with them. When the minor is in joint custody, the domiciliary parent is allowed to sign.
- There is no fee for this service.